blame it on the alcohol

last night, while i was watching pinoy big brother double up, i remembered how wasted i was when we went to bureau in a. venue, makati last month. seeing mariel so drunk and giving her housemates lots of hassle for having to pick her up everytime she fell brought back the memories of that fateful night to my consciousness.

it was my first time to go there. i didn't hesitate to accept the invitation because i wanted to acquaint myself with different clubs in the metro and of course, i want (or should i say love?) to dance. i enjoy the feeling of being inside the club since i can let loose and just bring out my crazy side without being judged for acting inappropriately. i love listening to upbeat music and just groove to the beats. if some people sing while taking a shower, in my case, i dance. i bring anything that can generate the music i want inside the bathroom (or even toilet)- my mp3 player with speakers, my cellphone, my PDA, or my sister's PSP - then dance to my heart's content because of course, i know no one's looking.

we started the night by having the 2 free drinks that came with being part of the guest list - vodka sprite and rum coke. after downing 2 glasses, my companions wanted to be tipsy some more so someone came up with the bright idea to buy a bottle of cuervo despite the very steep price (we bought it for Php2,400 when you can buy the same size in cash and carry for just around Php300+)! after much hesitation, i finally heeded so i won't appear to be the party pooper.

the 2 welcome drinks seemed to have hit me already so when i drank the first shot of cuervo, i was already buzzed. but of course, for the sake of camaraderie, i pretended to be a-ok. a couple of minutes later, i was pulled from our group by some guy and next thing i knew, i was already surrounded by them. good thing i was still relatively conscious so i didn't do anything that i'd regret later on. anyway, the group had to leave early so after i introduced each of them to my friends, we got our second round. it was then that the booze really hit me - hard!

my head felt so light like i was floating and my vision was already blurry. not only that, i couldn't walk or even stand straight. i was wearing high heels then and we weren't at the lounge area so we just had to stand the whole time. just imagine the agony that i was going through. since i really wanted to just take some rest and sit, i excused myself to go to the ladies' room. my friends probably noticed that i've been gone too long so they went there to check on me. i kept on assuring them that i was fine and i just needed to rest. since i got myself in a cubicle, i've been sitting on the toilet bowl trying to get a catnap to somehow ease the buzz on my head. since they were too persistent and i didn't want to keep them waiting for too long, i already forced myself to get up and went with them back to our table. i was so parched and the alcohol made it worse. so even if the waiters were not allowed to give house water, i pleaded to one of them. perhaps he sensed that i was already so inebriated, he secretly took out a glass of water and i gorged on it as if i'd been out in the desert.

not wanting to waste a fine night, i continued dancing on the dance floor despite my sorry state. my head felt so light but my body seemed to be giving up already. i couldn't carry my weight anymore that i just fell everytime i tried to stand. i was dancing like a madwoman on the dancefloor pushing everyone aside that some people might have already been hurt. my friends probably wanted to keep me from doing further harm so they decided to just go home. dang, the night was still young! too bad. as we were finding our way out, i could sense the piercing gaze of people around us. some of them probably were my "victims" whom i hurt inadvertently because of my drunk dancing.

it was indeed a good night. and until now, i can't wait to hit the clubs again for another round of dancing. this time, no more (or perhaps just a bit of) alcohol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the social-life-depriving exams

could this be the end of my drinking career?