why miss independent?

the first time i heard this song, i immediately said to myself, "that's totally me!"


let me dissect the lyrics:


"kinda woman that want you but don't need you"

- yes, i want a man. my friends know that for sure. but heck, i am not gonna die without having one. i just need a companion actually, someone who's always ready to be with me when i want to explore a place, watch a movie, or eat in some hole-in-a-wall resto blogged about by anton. the problem with my friends is either they don't have the time or they don't have money to spend for those things.


"cause she walk like a boss, talk like a boss"

- some people have the impression on me that i am a snob - it seemed to them that i think highly of myself and the people around me are my mere minions. at times, i do want people to have that kind of impression on me. it actually makes me feel good about myself. but i only want that when i'm with total strangers who have no relevance to my career advancement nor my well-being or with people whom i really don't want to talk to. not that i'm being condescending, but there are just people who i can't stand. i know some people feel that way too. it's just hard to explain.


"she got her own thing"

- yes, i can do (some) things on my own. i can shop alone, eat alone, watch a movie alone, travel alone, drink alone, visit a museum alone, go to the gym alone... but of course, there are activities where it's better if you're with someone.


"kinda woman that can do for herself"

- as i've tactlessly said to someone who thought i was a college student, "no, i am not a student, i am a careerwoman", so i got my own money to spend for myself. i buy what i want when i need it. but mind you, i also save. i'm just waiting for the lucky husband.


"theres somethin' oh so sexy about kinda woman that dont even need my help"

- don't be fooled by my petite frame. i can carry some kilos of grocery [think: some packs of fruits and veggies, 2 bottles of 500ml shampoo and conditioner, loaf of bread, some canned goods, other toiletries, some frozen goods] and walk around 250 meters carrying those to get to the nearest jeepney terminal.


"car and a crib she bout to pay em both off"

- hopefully i can get my own car and pad in the future. [salary increase please!]



"and her bills are paid on time"

- of course i won't miss paying my bills! i don't roll over my credit card debts. i hate incurring interests - it's like giving your money for nothing. i have even memorized my credit card number because i have a habit of checking my outstanding balance every now and then. and i wonder why some people find that weird?


"she made for a boss, only a boss, anything less she tellin' them to get lost"

- as much as possible, i don't want a burden (most especially, financially). go get a decent job. 


"and everything she got, best believe she bought it"

- totally. i deserve to make myself happy. i am not extravagant of course. i only buy things which my meager salary can support. can i just say i love 0% installment? :)


"miss independent wont you come and spend a little time?"

- i love this line. this is such an ego booster. how i wish someone i like will plead like this. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the social-life-depriving exams

could this be the end of my drinking career?