dentist trip and bonding with mom

I took a leave for the whole day since I thought that we might not have enough time if I’d still go to work. Besides, I didn’t want to come to the office looking haggard after commuting to the dentist’s office in Kabihasnan. My mom told me that there were shuttles going to Lawton which we can ride going to Kabihasnan, however, when we got to the terminal, the FX vehicles which passed by didn’t seem to take passengers. I was already getting disappointed so I urged my mom to just ride the jeepney despite the thought of being exposed in car exhaust since I really couldn’t bear the heat of the sun. Luckily, while we were waiting for the jeepney to be full, we saw the shuttle stop by the terminal and took the passengers waiting under the shade of a big umbrella. Apparently, we were waiting at the wrong terminal!



We arrived at the clinic at around lunch time and I was the first one served by the dentist. My right molar was saved from further cavities by putting pasta, while one of my front teeth seemed to have a really big damage that I still had to go back after a week to take off the temporary filling she placed. I was kinda intimidated by the dentist so I didn’t ask her why she didn’t finish the job on that particular tooth. Good thing my mom asked it for me and the dentist said that the cavity was already deep in the tooth that I may not be able to tolerate the pain if she tried fixing it that same day. I had a hard time getting used to that temporary filling since I was worrying that the filling might come off and I would accidentally swallow it. Besides, it also tastes like tooth medicine so it was really bothersome.


When it was my mom’s turn, the dentist told her that she might need to replace her old dentures since one tooth already fell off and she might not be able to repair it anymore. When asked about how much she has to pay, I heard the astounding P8,000! The dentist already gave her a huge discount since the price only covers for the materials needed, because normally she prices it at P15,000 to include labor fee. The dentist told me that I could pay for it first since she knew that my dad doesn’t earn from most of his projects (all IOUs which never got to be paid). I only gave her a smile as a response since I am not quite sure if I can give that sum considering the huge credit card debt that I had to pay for this month.


Since the dentist was a churchmate of my parents, she was kind enough to allow us to leave without paying anything since she knew that I’d have to come back the following week. Besides, I also didn’t have cash that time and my bank account was about to be depleted [looking forward to bonus day!]. We left the clinic at around 1pm and I almost considered going to work but I thought that I somehow needed a break so I might as well just go out with my mom. At first I was hesitant to go to the mall and would just rather go to the grocery to buy food supplies. But of course, I heeded to my mom’s request so we got off at SM Sucat. I really didn’t want to go to the mall because knowing my mom, she wouldn’t leave without buying anything, and you know it, I’d have to pay for whatever she buys. She was very excited to go the department store and picked out 2 bags and a blouse. As much as I tried controlling myself from buying anything, I finally gave in and also bought 2 blouses for myself. Hence, I paid almost P3,000 for all the stuff we bought.



When we’re about to go home, I told my mom that I’d go to the derma at the Fort. She brought all the stuff we bought and we parted ways in Sucat Exit. It was already past 5 then and I was worrying that I might not arrive at the clinic on time since the traffic along SLEX was quite heavy. Finally, I arrived in Buendia at past 6pm. I was expecting that there would be taxis waiting near the overpass but apparently, there was none so I went to those parked near Shell. I approached the group of drivers and said that I’d go to the Fort. I was quite shocked when they quoted P300 since there was heavy traffic. Sensing that these people were taking advantage of commuters, I opted to ride a jeepney traversing the stretch of Buendia, hoping that I can get a taxi near Petron. Alas, it has been more than 30 minutes of waiting and changing locations yet I haven’t gotten any taxi yet. The derma’s secretary told me that the doctor needed to leave early since she was sick, so I replied that they could go ahead and asked if they would extend the promo since I didn’t have any other time to go to the clinic. They didn’t heed to my pleading and insisted that the promo is only until the 15th. Not wanting to pass the chance of availing the buy 1 take 1 promo for pixel laser, I just told them that I’d try to go back the next day. I then left quite disappointed that I wasn’t able to accomplish what I was supposed to do. I felt like I wasted effort and money since it was my only agenda that night.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the social-life-depriving exams

could this be the end of my drinking career?