LOMA's over!

LOMA was officially over. At last, I finished all the exams for the FLMI designation and now all I have to do is wait for the results on December 5. I only took the Actuarial exam for an hour (time allocated was 3 hours) and didn’t even bother to check my answers. For as long as there are no numbers left blank, that’s already good enough for me.



Since I was not very confident about how I reviewed, I even took a half-day leave from work just to have time to answer the sample exams that I photocopied. It took me almost 2 hours to get to the office since the shuttle had to be full before leaving, and alas, the arrival of people was very slow. Actually, I could’ve gotten in the previous shuttle that was about to leave when I arrived at the terminal, if not for some kiddo who appeared from nowhere. Of course, the bitch in me was so furious that I inadvertently mouthed curse words and frowned the whole time. Me and my short-temper. I should really take lessons in Anger Management. Too bad I was not in a good mood to make pa-cute to the cute guys I was riding the shuttle with.


I came to the office in time for lunch but I locked myself in our area to cram for the last time. I didn’t bother eating lunch anymore since I was really paranoid about having a mental block come exam time. To keep me amped up while studying, I was playing my trusty happy songs: Chillin by Wale feat. Lady Gaga, Millionaire by Far East Movement, Love Today by Mika, Firestarter by Prodigy, etc. Alas, my officemate came in for a catnap and was complaining about the “senseless noise” I was playing so I just asked him to bear with me since I really needed to boost my energy and wake up my sleepy head. He didn’t complain further since he knew that I was already panicking about the forthcoming exam.


As soon as I finished, I immediately went to our area with an intention of bragging how early I finished the exam. To my surprise, my officemate was not there so I had no one to brag it to. When I opened my email, I was reminded that there was a blood-letting drive on the East Side Lobby, so I tried inviting another officemate who I bumped into inside the ladies’ room. I told her that I’d eat first then I’d drop by their area so we could go there together. Since the blood-letting activity was only scheduled until 3pm and my officemate who promised to accompany me was nowhere in sight, I decided to go there on my own since I’ve been really wanting to donate blood so I can get rid of wastes that may have accumulated over time and also allow my body to generate new blood. While filling out the questionnaire, I thought that they might not allow me to donate since I was having some cough that time, but good thing they still let me pass since my cough was not phlegmatic. They got blood from my right arm even if I told them that they were having a hard time getting blood from there last time since my vein was too thin. Luckily, it seemed that my right arm was already cooperative this time around since I didn’t experience the same problem as before.


Since my mind was already in weekend mode for the rest of the afternoon, I forgot that I had to arrange a meeting with the team tasked to develop the product I’m currently working on. Argh! Me and my forgetfulness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the social-life-depriving exams

could this be the end of my drinking career?