tokyo cafe treat



I almost forgot that it's my mom's birthday today since I promised to watch New Moon (or 2012) with my blockmates the other day. Tsk tsk. To appease myself for this personal guilt, I decided to treat my mom for dinner in MOA since I know that she has never been there. I was initially considering "Bed Scene" because I really wanted to have a non-traditional dining experience (with dim lights, underwater ambiance, and sitting on beds with pillows) for a change. However, I realized that my mom and sister might not be too comfortable with this kind of set-up since the place is really intended for friends to hangout while drinking beer and other cocktails.

After reading positive reviews in some blogs and in Girltalk, I decided to make a reservation in Tokyo Cafe instead. Every time I go to MOA, I've always been tempted to try this out because of the cute artificial food displays in front of their restaurant, finally I got to eat here at last!

Here are the stuff we got:


Iced Chocolano (P121) for my mom


Mango Smoogee (P125) for my sister





 
Tokyo Afogard (P105) for me - 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream topped with espresso

I just wanted to try it out for size but I won't order this again since it didn't really achieve its purpose as a drink.

 
Pasta Napolitan (P215)

The taste is just so-so. Besides, I'm not a fan of tomato-based pastas because of my digestion problem.

 
Salmon Cream Pasta (P225)

I was kinda disappointed with this dish since it was bland and the salmon was not cooked well. This was supposed to be for sharing but I was the only one who ate this.

 
Very Berry Crepe (P105)

You can never go wrong with berry-flavored crepe!

 
Choco Banana Parfait (P105)

The GOOD:
  • The food is not very expensive. You can probably pull off a date for two with less than P1,000 (for a hefty meal already less if you exclude drinks and dessert).
  • There's no service charge and the VAT is already part of the pricing so you won't be surprised once you received the bill.
  • Nice ambiance (although it was kinda noisy since there were some groups who went there to celebrate something). I am not a fan of restaurants with harsh lightings and the soft yellow lights are definitely pleasing to my eyes.
The BAD:
  • Slooooow service. We had to wait for more or less 30 minutes before our first meal was served. It also took some time for them to process my credit card payment.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the social-life-depriving exams

could this be the end of my drinking career?