Some essential wonders for sore throat, burns, and sticker residue

I’ve been an Oiler for 9 months now and this has sparked my intense fascination with natural lifestyle. Day by day I get to have an appreciation of God’s amazing creations through the properties of essential oils. I would have wanted the oils to work for my Bell’s palsy, which I have been enduring for exactly one year already, but admittedly, I haven’t really been consistently using it for some months for that purpose, so maybe that’s why it hasn’t significantly improved my condition. Even though it hasn’t done much for my Bell’s palsy and my other issues, I would say that I have seen for myself the power of these oils in other ways:

1) Healing sore throat
One morning I just woke up with a very sore throat like there was a wound inside. I let it pass for a day thinking that it will resolve itself, but it just got worse the following day, so I thought of consulting a doctor to rule out any major health issue. I used MyPocketDoctor and within an hour or so, I was connected to a GP who prescribed me with an antibiotic (Co-Amoxiclav) and a throat spray (Kamillosan). I was not thrilled about taking antibiotics so, since the diagnosis was just tonsillitis, I thought, maybe I could just heal myself with my essential oil stash.

I took my Thieves mouthwash and created a throat spray which I used about 3-4 times a day. All I used were:
1 cap of Thieves mouthwash
1 drop of Clove essential oil
1 drop of Peppermint essential oil

Good thing I already had a sore throat issue earlier in 2019 so I got myself a handy throat spray I bought from Shopee. Apart from using the throat spray, I also gargled with the Thieves mouthwash every night after brushing my teeth. In just 1 week, my super painful sore throat was completely healed!


2) Healing burns

I was cooking one time and hot oil splattered on my left index finger which caused some first degree burns. I immediately reached out for my bottle of Lavender essential oil and put a drop onto the affected area. After putting lavender, it did not become worse like having the usual bubble that happens after the skin gets red immediately after the burn incident. I applied lavender consistently thrice during the day and twice the following days, and voila, in just about a week, it seemed like nothing happened. Would you have even guessed that I had a burn on this finger?


3) Removing sticky residue

I have been reusing a lot of my old bottles to create my essential oil concoctions to save and to also be a little bit kinder to the environment. I have used a lot of The Ordinary products in the past which have a dropper bottle packaging so they are perfect for my essential oil recipes. Since these bottles  are wrapped with a sturdy sticker label, some residue still remain after peeling them off and washing them. Surprisingly, after a drop of lemon essential oil, the residue was easily removed and was gone in a jiffy! I don’t need those chemical laden residue remove at all!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the social-life-depriving exams

could this be the end of my drinking career?