my resolutions for 2010


First off, happy new year to everyone! It's now 2010 - we have another year to rock out and just be our fantabulous selves! As usual, since today marks the start of a new year, everyone's into making their resolutions so I'm joining the bandwagon! Haha!



I had no plans to go out during the Christmas break so most of my time was spent online - checking my Facebook account, going through my favorite forums and researching about not-so-important stuff.

While looking for stuff to do in Facebook, I chanced upon an application from Coke Zero where you would post your resolutions for the coming year and if yours was chosen to be the one of the best, you might even win an exclusive iPod Nano especially designed for Coke plus a Nike + iPod Kit. 


I didn’t join for the prize since as mentioned in my earlier post, I already have these babies. I just thought that this is a good exercise for me to really ponder on the things I need to do for my personal improvement. The first five resolutions on this list are the ones I shared through the Coke Zero application (Hence, it is more formally written):

  • I shall not dilly-dally and start working on what I have to do as soon as possible.
  • I shall do what I can to help save the environment. The small things such as bringing a shopping tote, segregating trash, and reusing the old stuff can already do wonders.
  • I shall not perceive singlehood as a curse, but rather a blessing to pursue to pursue the things I want and be the best person I can be. Live life to the fullest!
  • Finish 1 book per quarter to enhance my vocabulary and reading comprehension.
  • Learn how to drive so I won't have to rely on my dad to pick me up after late-night gimmicks.
  • Learn how to jump rope since this is a good form of exercise.
  • Write in my blog regularly, at least 1 entry per week, to keep this space updated and practice my writing skills.
  • Short-term (i.e. must be accomplished by January): Finish the remaining 9  sessions of boxing at Elorde
  • Join at least 2 10-km runs to test my endurance and running skills.
  • Cook for my family at least once a month to develop my cooking skills
  • Lose fats on my midsection, arms, and hips – buy a set of dumbbells, do the 2-minute ab workout every morning and before sleeping

And last but not the least…
  • Have a boyfriend so I can win the bet with my co-worker [Well, I ain’t got a problem if I don’t achieve this, it’s okay to give them a more expensive gift for their wedding.]

So there you have it. I guess this list of things to do will already keep me busy for the whole year that I won’t really feel the need for a partner. Yey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the social-life-depriving exams

could this be the end of my drinking career?