food find: wicked treats from wicked kitchen

Christmas is in the air once again! Of course, the block can't miss having a Christmas party. Initially, my blockmates were considering Banapple in Il Terrazzo, however, when I called them up, I was informed that they don't offer reservations. So as I was chatting with my friend Karen via Facebook to finalize the plans, I was also searching for other restaurants in Timog or Tomas Morato area since Karen's place is along Mother Ignacia.

Thanks to Google, I chanced upon this restaurant called "Wicked Kitchen" and their spunky name has definitely called my attention. I did further research and my curiosity for the place grew even further as I read lots of positive reviews. Since none from the block offered other suggestions, I asked my two colleagues if they already agree with Wicked Kitchen, fortunately, they conceded so we updated everyone about the change in our dinner venue.

The place was kinda small but good thing all 14 of us fit comfortably in the dining area. Good thing we also made a reservation since the place might already be too crowded if we just walked in.


Pa-cute with the menu


Bloggers have been raving about their best-sellers: Fish and Chips, Ex's Lasagna, Firestarters and the famous Beef and Beer Pie. Since I wanted to try out something different, I opted for Mushroom Chicken Pie. Besides, chicken was also a healthier option and I also like to have a puffed pastry to replace rice. Some of my friends who were also not familiar with the place asked for my recommendations and I gave the above-mentioned dishes based on my limited knowledge. Others ordered Beef Salpicao, Sisig Rice, and Chicken Teriyaki, and I was glad that they loved their meals! Wee!


Mushroom Chicken Pie (P172)

I must say that this dish is really comforting. This reminds me of Chicken a la King because of the carrots and rich white cheesy sauce. It was also served really hot so I believe this is perfect for the rainy days. Although I just thought that the fries that came along with it was not enough, probably they could add more. :)


 Gluttony (P135)

Of course, I wouldn't leave Wicked Kitchen without trying out their famous Gluttony dessert! We just ordered the single serving since my colleagues are not fond of sweets. We had to wait for around 20 minutes though since they still had to bake it. But when it came, wow, it was huge! Definitely, not just for one person! Good thing I shared it with another friend.

When I took the first bite, the best word to describe it is heavenly! The cookie was crusty on the outside but inside was really chewy and the chocolatey goodness just seeps out as you chew on it. Mmmm... The whipped cream and mantecado ice cream complemented the chocolate cookie very well since they toned down the richness of the chocolate and the contrasting temperature (hot from the cookie and cold from the ice cream) was really soothing to the palate.

The GOOD:
  • Really delicious food! I was glad that my friends were satisfied too.
  • Drinks are not that expensive!
  • Nice ambiance. I love color black and red plus the soft yellow lighting.
The BAD:
  • A little expensive. Definitely not for students' budget. 
  • There's still a 5% service charge.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the social-life-depriving exams

could this be the end of my drinking career?