36 Questions: SET 2

Here's the continuation to my answers to the famous 36 Questions:

SET 2

13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?

I want to know what would happen to me in 3 years time because I'm quite anxious about my future. I just have a lot of options now and I am not sure which one I should pursue to achieve my life goals.

14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?

I have a strong desire to travel the world for the rest of my life! The haven't done it because I still haven't found the opportunity to get that kind of work. Some years ago, I have been aspiring to become a diplomat or an international NGO worker, but things happened so those aspirations had to take a backseat.

My priority has always been to help my family so I have been stuck in the corporate world for 8 years now. If I can do anything now without thinking of the consequences, I'd quit my job and just travel. If I go that route, I would only be able to earn just enough to sustain myself and my expeditions.

15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?

I'd say that graduating college with a Cum Laude distinction is one of my greatest accomplishments because it opened up opportunities for me and I gain respect of people when they know about it.

16.What do you value most in a friendship?

Loyalty is one thing that's very important for me when it comes to friendships. I've lost friends because they were not there during the times that I needed them most.

17. What is your most treasured memory?

One of my most treasured memories is when I had my first love. Yes, it's cheesy but it's true. It took me more than two years to get close to moving on. It's been more than 3 years and I still think about it from time to time.

I never thought that I'd treat a person differently from how I usually treat people around me. I was just so enamored that everything about him was perfect for me despite all his quirks. I was more patient and more forgiving. I just wanted to be with him as often as possible. He was my top priority and I was ready to be his ally in anything. Too bad I only realized it when his desire for me has already waned.

18. What is your most terrible memory?

I have my share of bad experiences these past few years. But one of the most terrible memories I have is when I was not allowed to enter HK due to the error made by a Cambodian immigration officer on my passport. It was very traumatic and I definitely didn't deserve to be treated as if I were a criminal.

19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?

Perhaps I will just be more vocal about appreciating the people around me. I will tell my family that I love them and I am grateful for everything that they have done for me.

20. What does friendship mean to you?

Friendship should be a lasting relationship founded on trust and loyalty. Friends should accept me for who I am and be there for me in my successes and during trying times.

21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?

I am not romantically involved at the moment so the kind of love I am relying on is from my family. Though they may not be expressive and there are several times when we they show otherwise, their love is what keeps me going.

22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.

Not applicable.

23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?

As I've mentioned, my family is not expressive in conveying love and gratitude toward me. But it's not a big deal. I would still think that my childhood is relatively happier than others', though it could have been better.

24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?

My mother has erratic mood swings which sometimes cause misunderstandings between us. Regardless, I still love her and I aspire to give her the best life I can afford.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the social-life-depriving exams

could this be the end of my drinking career?